Saturday 21 January 2012

1B-4 - Activity 5_ Reflections on Myths of Computer Literacy - Integrated Approach

This activity  was a challenging one in terms of all the reading that was there to be done and also having to analyse the varying views of the experts and then arriving at  my own conclusion on the matter. It was also a challenge since I tend to be pro Technology integration  and often times fail to see the other side of the coin. However the reading material was very engaging and  reviewing the different views on what is 'computer literacy' and the integrating of technology offered much food for thought.
I have come to the conclusion that anyone who has a working knowledge of computers can be considered to be computer literate once they are able to use the knowledge and skills in a context or environment pertaining to thier need at any given time to achieve the best possible outcome.

As an Educator I have been using the technology in my teaching, however I am excited about the new discoveries that I have been making and I am beginning to feel more empowered as to how I can use this powerful tool in the classroom, not only as a teaching tool but  more  as a resource material and storage device. I AM EXCITED!!!!!

However, I must remind myself that I must not get carried away and must remember that as an Art Educator that  I must first teach Art and not computers. My whole objective should always be to INTEGRATE the technology in my curriculum - create activities where the children can learn ICT skills while doing Art.

( PING!!! light bulb - a bright idea for a lesson using the technology just lit up in my head.) WOW!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment