Thursday 20 February 2014

Module 10: Activity 3 - Planning with ICTs in your School

My School Vision
     To ensure that each student achieves excellence  through collaboration with its stakeholders.

My School ICT Vision (proposed)
   To develop a curriculum in which ICT is integrated into all learning areas so that the learners and educators can use ICT confidently, creatively and productively as they work collaboratively to develop 21st Century learning skills to help them to realize their true potential educationally so that they can take their rightful place in society.

  My school’s general vision did not incorporate the concept of ICT use. However with the ICT vision being developed, the general vision of ensuring that each student achieve excellence through collaboration was taken into consideration and therefore ICT will be used to enhance and take the school’s general vision to a next level – one where it will include ICT use for teaching and learning as we seek to develop 21st Century learning skills to make well rounded students.

Carrying out a SWOT Analysis
     It was a rather interesting activity. I have heard the term "SWOT Analysis" but never paid attention as to what it was or meant. However I have learnt something new, I now know what it is now that I have had to engage in  carrying out one. I guess it  can be considered an example of 'just in time learning'. Hmmm!! INTERESTING.
     I was able to carefully analyse my school's situation in terms of its ICT planning  as I looked at its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with a view to make recommendations about the way forward with its ICT integration process.
     I have found that a SWOT Analysis is a very useful tool for any organisation  to use as it allows you to carefully reflect, scrutinize and analyse your organisation so that you can carefully and thoroughly plan the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment