Sunday 25 November 2012

Module 1 Activity 7: COLLABORATIVE LEARNING

The concept of Collaborative Learning and group work has become a 'biggie' for me  interms of teaching strategies for quite some time now. I think I have learnt how to master its use and have seen tremendous success in the results - grades and positive social outcome. I have seen the positive results both at the school level and the tertiary level.

It has always been my view that learning should be fun and for this to happen the teacher is a key ingredient to make it happen. Teachers should take the time out to get to know their students because they are all different and to create the right environment with the right types of activities and assignments so that learning can take place and no one is left out and using Collaborative learning is an effective strategy for this.
 
Using collaborative learning has helped me as a teacher to  assess my classes so that I can find new and innovative ways to teach the next group that comes my way and so that I can continue being an effective teacher. I have seen how this strategy  has gotten students to enjoy and like what they are doing because of the interaction and comradry among thier peers and  those who had some resentment to the subject of Visual Arts have grown to like it and have performed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment