Sunday 25 November 2012

Module 1 Activity 12 - PROBLEM_SOLVING

I thoroughly enjoyed doing this activity.
Using the approach of problem solving is a rather new but it was an exciting and excellent activity which I will definitely be using again.
At first I was a bit apprehensive wondering what I should do or how could I get this activity done. But after sharing and discussing the activity with a colleague, I got a clear picture and came up with the idea/concept used. Thanks Carol G.
The exciting thing about this is that once again I was places in a 'facilitator role' instead of the role of being infront of the class and I had just as much classroom control with this activity. I did not feel as if I wasnt in control of the class (Most teachers tend to think that they can only be in control when they are standing infront the class). Allowing the students to be incharge of their learning seems to be working well. It is exciting... the students were excited and ontask and I was excited and loving it too.
I am liking the 'facilitator' role more and more.
 I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO USING THIS STRATEGY MORE... 

No comments:

Post a Comment