Saturday 17 November 2012

Module 1 Activity 11 - Lessons learnt from this Activity

For me it this teaching method is new and it find it to be a very interesting one  use to get students motivated. I realise that students once they are comfortable with the teacher  and are not afraid to ask alot of questions which helps them to improve in  their thinking. It also encourages them to be analytical and to come to conclusions but not in a judgemental manner.

As a Teacher I have always said to students that I don't know everything and that I am there to learn from them just as they are there to learn from me and if we both don't know it then we will research it together. There have been several times when questions are asked of me and I would not know the answer and I would tell them I don't know and would research and find the answer, which I always do and would be appreciated. Sometimes I would give them the chance to do the research and present the informaion.

Engaging in this activity I was able to answer all the questions because I was more than adequately prepared. I learnt that the children  themselves don't expect you to have the answer to all the questions and that they test you to see if you would own up to the fact that you don't have an answer to give. 

In my opinion some powerful learning took place.  I look forward to the designs which the students will create when the practical component is given. Also I NOW HAVE ANOTHER CREATIVE  TEACHING METHOD ADDED TO MY REPERTOIRE :).

No comments:

Post a Comment