Friday 25 November 2011

2A-5 - 2 - Word processor as an administrative tool


It is interesting to note just how helpful word processor can be as an administrative tool.  First of all, the use of the medium as a storage facility. No more will I have to be joggling lots of paper around with information and no longer will I have to be doing lots of photocopying. With the template created I can easily put in the information, save the document and print after. If there is an error it is so easy to be corrected by going back to the document, hit the delete button and type in the correct information.  However one of the key operations is to constantly save your document.

Using word processor as an administrator will surely be making my work easier as a HOD and Level head.  As a matter of fact a number of ideas have begun to surface now that I have completed the first document for this activity. I can use this subject choice broadsheet template to also create a midterm and end of term grade broad sheet template. I also realize I can now create a template for lab fee receipts to give to students or even email them to parents using mail merge. Wow… this is exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment