Friday 25 November 2011

2A-5 – 1 – ICT and the roles of the Teacher

It is obvious that ICT offers a wide range of possibilities to assist teachers in their roles as educators, administrators, mediators  and citizenship role just to name a few.
  After reading the literature and executing the activity I realize that I have been using quite a few aspects of the technology to assist in my teaching and to make it more effective.  For example I have been using the WWW to gather updated information on various topics related to my subject area; I have been using Face Book, text messages and emails to interact with my students and teachers across the region and around the world on various aspects of teaching and learning and topics related to my subject area, sharing documents and images. 

In addition, I realize that there is still a vast amount of the technology which can be tapped into and that with the rapid change in technology, as a teacher I need to adapt to the constant change in technology if I am to survive and keep pace with the new methods and technologies of ICT. Also being engaged in this course has opened my eyes to new ways of how I can use IC T to interact with my colleagues and students not only in my school or country but globally.

In Antigua and Barbuda teachers are being encouraged to embrace and use ICT as an integral part of the curriculum and to use it to make the teaching and learning environment more of a learner centered environment driven by the use of the technology.

I am excited about all the possibilities that exist and hope that I will be able to implement some of the ideas put forward by my colleagues in this course/group.

No comments:

Post a Comment